Frozen Angus Beef Eye Fillet Steak (Tenderloin/Beef Fillet) - 2 pieces per 500g pack
The 'godfather' of all beef grilling steaks, with that melt in your mouth tenderness.
Eye Fillet (also known as Beef Eye Fillet, Fillet Steak, Beef Fillet, Beef Tenderloin & Tenderloin) is very lean and very tender.
Eye fillet is an oblong shaped cut that spans between the short loin and the sirloin. It sits beneath the ribs next to the back bone and does very little work, ultimately making it an incredibly tender and succulent cut.
2 pieces of 250 gram steak per Vacuum Pack = 500g
Sold per VP
Our Beef is Halal Certified.
PREPARING AND COOKING
EYE FILLET STEAKS
- Have the fillet at room temperature and blot it dry with kitchen paper.
- Massage a herb rub into the steaks (try dried rosemary and oregano) and then brush them with a little olive oil and season with sea salt flakes. This gives the steaks a lovely seasoned crust.
- Preheat a pan to hot before putting the steaks in the pan. Don’t be tempted to put them in too early - they won’t get a lovely brown crust if your do.
- When the steaks hit the pan, reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook the steaks on one side until moisture begins to bead on top, then turn and cook the other side. Turn the steaks once only!
- It’s important to let the steaks rest after cooking. Place them on a clean plate and cover loosely with foil for 2-3 minutes before serving.
From one of the world's cleanest and purest environments, our Black Angus Beef cattle are reared on the fresh, pure, clean and green pastures of New Zealand. Sourced from our farms in the furthest Southern province of the South Island aptly named Southland.
Angus genetics are renowned for producing cattle with excellent marbling and growth rates. Marbling adds flavour, makes cooking easier, and high growth rates produce beef that is very tender.
Breeds of cattle from European, tropical climate and dairy breed genetics are excluded from Black Angus.
Growth enhancers are never used, also not allowed are therapeutic anti disease treatment, during the life of the cattle.
The Beef is vacuum packed and air freighted to ensure the product arrives in optimum condition.